Embroidery News Style Focus: Alternative T's and Fleece
"Eco Jersey, Vintage, Cotton Model, Eco Fleece" all describe
Alternative apparel - soft, simple, and sustainable T's and fleece.
Here are some popular styles:
- AA32023 - Men's colorblock
eco-fleece zip hoodie in eco grey/eco red, eco grey/ eco black,
eco navy/eco grey
- AA9582 - Ladies eco-fleece
sweatshirt with a raw-edge, off-the-shoulder neckline in
eco black/, eco grey, eco navy, eco wheat, camo and stars
- AA31082 - Ladies eco-fleece slim-fit
joggers in eco black, eco grey and camo
- AA9881 - Men's eco-fleece slim fit, cuffed
pants in eco black and eco grey
Artwork - What Changes Can't Be Made?
Uncertain what changes can't easily be made to your artwork when
converting it to an embroidery set-up?
- Change Fonts - the font(s) must stay the same unless its
necessary to simplify the font.
Then the digitizer (person who creates the embroidery set-up) must
modify the text in the artwork before converting it to stitches.
This can happen when a detailed font is used for small text.
- Add Elements without having artwork for them - This includes
adding text or an image or completing a partial image
- Downsize Design Elements to any size - sometimes a design
element can't be decreased to a size that's small enough for the
logo without being too small to be embroidered. Just because a
printed logo can be downsized to the required size doesn't mean it
can be translated into stitches that will embroider well.
Embroidery News: Apparel Defined:
Come across some unknown words when shopping for embroidered
apparel? Here are some definitions:
- Bonded Fleece - multiple layers of fleece are bonded together
to create a heavier fleece
- Carded Ring Spun Cotton - cotton that contains a wider range
of fiber lengths because it hasn't been combed and therefore
isn't as strong as combed cotton
- Chin Guard - a fold of soft fabric located where the zipper
ends at the neck. This fabric is also referred to as a "zipper garage".